Certificates of Relief from Disability

One method to retain employability and restore lost civil rights is a request for a Certificate of Relief from Civil Disability made either to the sentencing judge or New York State Department of Corrections & Community Supervision (DOCCS). If client has more than one felony the application is made to DOCCS in Albany and the certificate is technically entitled a “Certificate of Good Conduct.” Many individuals convicted of crimes in the New York state system avail themselves of this opportunity.

To receive a federal certificate of relief from civil disability, an individual must first contact the federal probation department in the district of conviction. The applicant must be cleared federally by the Treasury Department and also by the state of New York, which actually issues the certificate. Should the Treasury Department deny the requested relief, a written application can then be made to the district court of conviction instead.

The assistance of a top New York federal Relief from Civil Disability attorney will greatly ease this process for you and have your lost rights and privileges restored. Restore your lost civil rights and employment restrictions today. Call, text, or email Paul D. Petrus Jr.


Questions or Comments?

    Your Name (required)

    Your Email (required)

    Phone Number

    Your Message

    Quick Links

    Schedule a Consultation Today

    Contact Us


    Se Habla Espanol ยป